In order to provide our services, we will collect and use data about individuals. This means that we are a 'data controller' and we are responsible for complying with data protection laws. We have appointed a data protection officer to oversee our handling of personal information. If you have any questions about how we collect, store or use your personal information, you may contact our Data Protection Officer using the contact form
1. WHO WE ARE
2. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we collect information about you and any other party whose details you provide to us when you:
• Provide your personal information directly to us;
• complete online forms; this may include your name (including business name), address, email address and telephone number. We may also ask you to provide additional information about you and your preferences;
• provide your contact details to us when registering to use or accessing any websites, applications or services we make available or when you update those details;
• contact us offline, for example by telephone, fax, email, post, or in person.
• We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions.
We also collect information from your devices (including mobile devices) and applications used to access the of our websites, applications or services (for example, we may collect the device identification number and type, location information and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history and your web log information) and we will ask for your permission before we do so. We may do this using cookies or similar technologies (as described in section 6 below).
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we use your information to:
• provide any information and services that you have requested;
• manage and administer your use of products and services you have asked us to provide;
• manage our relationship with you (for example, customer services and support activities);
• provide you with any information that we are required to send you to comply with our regulatory or legal obligations;
• detect, prevent, investigate or remediate, crime, illegal or prohibited activities or to otherwise protect our legal rights (including liaison with regulators and law enforcement agencies for these purposes);
Our website and services may contain technology that enables us to:
• check specific information from your device or systems directly relevant to your use of the websites, applications or services against our records to make sure the websites, applications or services are being used in accordance with our end-user agreements and to troubleshoot any problems;
• obtain information relating to any technical errors or other issues with our website, applications and services;
• collect information about how you and users use the functions of the features of our website, applications and services; and
• gather statistical information about the operating system and environment from which you access our applications or services.
You can manage your privacy settings within your browser.
We may monitor and record our communications with you, including e-mails and phone conversations. Information which we collect may then be used for training purposes, quality
assurance, to record details about our website, applications and services you order from us or ask us about, and in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations generally.
We may obtain information through mobile applications that you or your users install on their mobile devices to access and use our website, applications or services or which you or your users use to provide other services related to that mobile application (for example, to sync information from our application or service with such mobile application). These mobile applications may be our own mobile applications or those belonging to third parties. Where the mobile application belongs to a third party, you must read that third party’s own privacy notice as it will apply to your use of that third-party mobile application. We are not responsible for such third-party mobile applications and their use of your personal information.
Mobile applications may provide us with information related to a user’s use of that mobile application and use of our applications and services accessed using that mobile application. We may use such information to provide and improve the mobile application or our own application or services. For example, activity undertaken within a mobile application may be logged.
You can configure our mobile application’s privacy settings on your device, but this may affect the performance of that mobile application and the way it interacts with our applications and services.
4. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with:
• partners and intermediaries, including system providers, that may help us to provide you with the applications, products, services and information you have requested or which we believe is of interest to you;
• third parties used to facilitate payment transactions, for example clearing houses, clearing systems, financial institutions and transaction beneficiaries;
• third parties where you have a relationship with that third party, and you have consented to us sending information (for example social media sites or other third-party application providers);
• the police and other third parties or law enforcement agencies where reasonably necessary for the prevention or detection of crime;
• any third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings, provided we can do so lawfully (for example in response to a court order);
• any third party in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations, including statutory or regulatory reporting or the detection or prevention of unlawful acts;
• Government departments where reporting is mandatory under applicable law;
• We may disclose your personal information to any member of the Wines Cellars Limited team.
From time to time, we may use your information to contact you with details about our applications, products and services which we feel may be of interest to you. We may also share your information with our group companies and carefully selected third parties so that they (or we) may contact you with information about their products or services which we feel may be of interest to you. We or they may wish to contact you for this purpose by telephone, post or email. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. You may also request at any time that we do not share your information with third parties referred to in this paragraph. If you wish to exercise these rights you can do so by selecting your contact preferences at the point where you provide us with your information on our websites, applications or services, using any preference centres we give you access to or by sending us an email to
6. YOUR INFORMATION AND YOUR RIGHTS
If you are based within the EEA or within another jurisdiction having similar data protection laws, in certain circumstances you have the following rights:
• the right to be told how we use your information and obtain access to your information;
• the right to have your information rectified or erased or place restrictions on processing your information;
• the right to object to the processing of your information e.g. for direct marketing purposes;
• the right to have any information you provided to us on an automated basis returned to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or sent directly to another company, where technically feasible (“data portability”);
• where the processing of your information is based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent subject to legal or contractual restrictions;
• the right to object to any decisions based on the automated processing of your personal data, including profiling; and
• the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for data protection matters (e.g. in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office).
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact Once we have verified your identity we will provide / amend / delete the information you have requested within 30 days.
If we hold any information about you which is incorrect or if there are any changes to your details, please let us know so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date.
If you withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information for purposes set out in our Privacy Notice, we may not be able to provide you with access to all or parts of our website, applications, and services.
We will retain your personal information for the duration of our business relationship and afterwards for as long as is necessary and relevant for our legitimate business purposes or as otherwise permitted applicable laws and regulation. Where we no longer need your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner (without further notice to you).
7. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change our Privacy Notice from time to time. However, we will not reduce your rights under this Privacy Notice. We will always update this Privacy Notice on our website, so please try to read it when you visit the website (the ‘last updated’ reference tells you when we last updated our Privacy Notice).
8. How long do we keep personal information for?
9. SECURITY AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION
We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage. We will do our best to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee the security of your information which is transmitted to our website, applications or services or to other website, applications and services via an internet or similar connection.
10. Cookies, Analytics and Traffic Data
Our customers may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies through our website by means of a corresponding setting of their Internet browser used, and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers.
If a customer deactivates the setting of cookies in the Internet browser used, not all functions of our website may be usable.
If you require any further information on cookies including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage, delete and turn them off visit or www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note these are external websites and we are not responsible for the accuracy of the information on these sites.
11. MORE INFORMATION
If you have any queries about how we treat your information, the contents of the notice, or how to obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, please write to Data Protection Officer at Wines Cellars Limited The Techno Centre Puma way Coventry or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org